Thursday, December 4, 2008

My Knockout Roses Collection - Earth Kind Roses


These beautiful roses brought me many days of joy during this past spring and summer. They are Knock Out Roses. Because I so enjoyed these roses, I began to think about planting a rose garden for next spring. During my research I learned that the Knock Out rose is a member of a group of roses called Earth Kind Roses. Earth Kind is an important designation given to select roses by the Texas A&M University Agriculture program. Others include the Marie Daly, The Fairy, Caldwell Pink, and Belinda's Dream , just to name a few. Check out this interesting web site for more information. http://earthkindroses.tamu.edu/EKroses.html






The only thing that I knew about these roses was that they were pretty and easy to grow. Now I've stumbled on to a whole new rose culture.







I am very excited about planning my new rose garden. I can hardly wait to decide which Earth Kind Roses will become my new favorite rose.














If you are interested in learning more about Earth Kind Roses, please go to the following web site.

Happy Gardening !


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have a couple of Knock-Outs also. I love them because they bloom profusely and they are so hardy. I didn't know about the Earth Kind designation though. I'll enjoy checking out that site.