Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Ruby Tuesday - Red Hat


As you can tell by my blog title, I love gardening and spend a lot of time in my gardens. While that is my passion, I must say that there is another thing that I am quite passionate about.That is spending time with my Red Hat Society sisters.
For those that don't know, the Red Hat Society was started about ten years ago by a woman who was determined to enjoy life past the age of fifty. She wanted to celebrate life with her girlfriends around the same age. Donning Red Hats and Purple outfits the tea parties, vacations, and other fun outings began.



From one woman's determination not to let life

pass her by, an international phenomenal has swept up women around the world.
I'm proud to say that I am one of them.
So for this Ruby Tuesday post I thought that I would share a few of my favorite red hat things.









13 comments:

storyteller at Small Reflections said...

Wonderful choice for Ruby Tuesday! I love purple with red and have quite a collection of red hat clothing and hats too ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Auntie E said...

I always liked the Red hat society ladies, they seem to have so much fun:-)
Happy RT

Mamí♥Picture said...

☼¨`*•.♥THAT WAS DSO CUTE♥.•*¨`☼
Thanks for sharing!
Have a Lovely♥Day!
To view my Ruby Tuesday you can visit my kiddos blog @
http://www.365daysofourlife.com
See ya!☺!

Stephanie V said...

You are the first Red Hat lady I've met. It always looks like they have so much fun. You've confirmed it.

Annie Jeffries said...

Fun society. I went for a while in my 50s. They told me to wear lavender and pink. LOL

Susan Cook said...

That's great. I think my sister-in-law is involved with that. Thanks for stopping by mine.

Good Natured Gifter said...

Mom,
You inspire me to always find the happiness and joy in life. Your love and passion for family, friends, and nature is so wonderful to see and I know I am blessed to be a part of your world. Love Always, VRH

Candy said...

I have attended several RH luncheons with my MIL only I wore pink and violet. Not sure what age one graduates to R&P. Thanks for stopping by and glad you enjoyed the view. I too thought that red check bedroom was quite cheery!

Becca said...

Those are great hats...I have heard of the Red Hat Society but didn't know much about it. :)

Kathy W said...

Beautiful red hats. =)

Heidi said...

I love your hats! I have been facinated by the purple and red hats for a few years now. I think I'll start looking for a hat to keep on hand so that I can go out and live it up with my friends. Ah, why wait till I'm 50, I think I'll start now. Love your pictures. Thanks for stopping by today!

Regina said...

Nice red Pamela. Happy weekend.

Mckay K said...

I love your red hats as well as the sentiment behind the "Red Hatters" organization.

What a creative post.